Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:27:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   splash screens...

Proud to say, i RTFM'ed, and got most of the way through bitmap
installation on my own.  However, i have 2 questions.  There is a really
cool splash from the matrix i would like to translate from 24-bit to one i
can load on my laptop.  Can i just load it into gimp and save it with less
colors?

Also, since that will probably degrade the image considerably, i have
chosen a backup plan.  This screen works fine as-is, but there is an
annoying red border around the outside since the pic only takes up the
center of the screen.  I don't *think* this is part of the bitmap.  How
can i change this color to black?

-jonathon