Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:56:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Thomas Spreng <spreng@iamexwi.unibe.ch>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   creating RAID1 with vinum

Hi,
im trying to set up a mirrored system on my box.
I have two identical harddrives and would like to mirror
the complete system. I have a /, swap, /var and /usr
partition on my disk.
I have read some docs about vinum (freebsddiary and lemis)
and i only have one problem with it. When you change
your fstype to vinum your data will be erased.
So my question is...how can i change my root partition
to vinum without deleting everything?
I have only done a minimum install so far, there is
plenty of space free on my /usr part.

Well, if anyone has the same configuration (mirrored drives)
i would be grateful to see your config. Just in case that i
encounter any problems later on.

Thanks so far, Tom