Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 00:58:05 -0700
From:      Laszlo Vagner <jason@vagner.com>
To:        Hank Wethington <bsd@info-logix.com>
Cc:        freebsd <george@vagner.com>, Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>, Rob Wilkinson <Chains@Ultranet.ca>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation on a 486-2/66

I remember a thread saying that a minimum for 3.x branch was 12 meg and 5 for
2.2x.

I guess things have changed a bit since then.

coming from the handbook.

In order to run FreeBSD, a recommended minimum of eight megabytes of RAM is
suggested. Sixteen megabytes is the
preferred amount of RAM as you may have some trouble with anything less than
sixteen depending on your hardware.