Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:45:16 +0200 (EET)
From:      locust <locust@sstc.kiev.ua>
To:        Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

I have computer with FreeBSD 4.4
with 192.168.1.1 adress. It hands internal dns for internal stations, apache, firewall. My old connection to ISP was dialup and now i must reconfigure BSD server for working with new provider via Cisco 1700 router (frame-relay)
I must open 80 and 25 port of BSD mashine to outside via Cisco (Cisco was already configured and tested - all working fine when surfing on internet with new connection )
I'm adding on Cisco: ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.1 80 a.b.c.d 80 extendable
So, i opened 80 port to outside (a.b.c.d - outside ip of my Cisco)
BUT when i checking it by nmap from somewhere outside it shows this port as 'filtered'.
Packets going through Cisco to BSD, but it not unswering to outside and i see 'filtered'. I recompiled kernel on BSD with turned off all firewall-meaning strings, (and tried open firewall allow from any to any) -it hasn't effect.
When i opening any port (on example - 80 port of apache on W2000 prof) by NAt on Cisco as i tried open it for BSD: ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.10 80 a.b.c.d 80 extendable - nmap says that 80 port on a.b.c.d open from outside, and a can connect to it by browser - all ok, but not with my FreeBSD :(. I tried it with Linux - works too.. So, the problem is in FreeBSD.
Possible, i'm stupid. I loosing smth, but what? maybe it's feature of BSD, maybe smth wrong configured , but i coldn't find it.
Please help and sorry for my poor english.
Andrew K.