Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:13:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        stephane@laperouse.internatif.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X freezes my Sony Vaio PCG-F801

In message: <20031212171530.GH1367@fetiche.sources.org>
            Stephane Bortzmeyer <stephane@laperouse.internatif.org> writes:
: On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 02:24:35PM -0800,
:  henry tieman <henryt_NOSPAM@aracnet.com> wrote
:  a message of 38 lines which said:
:
: > I have only seen 2 kinds of errors crash FreeBSD - bad device drivers
: > and bad memory.
:
: Formally speaking, it doesn't crash, it freezes. But you're right, not
: only the Xfree server is down, the machine stops replying to ping
: also, which seems to indicate that the kernel (or the PCI bus) was
: frozen.

I've seen similar things on my VAIO PCG-505TS.  I believe that it is
some kind of hang, since if it were an interrupt storm it would still
reply to pings (at least in 5.x that's what I've observed).

Warner