Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:43:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dirk Kleinhesselink <dkleinh@phy.ucsf.EDU>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help installing FreeBSD 4.0 on AlphaStation 200

I have an AlphaStation 200 with Digital UNIX and NetBSD on it and I tried
to install the FreeBSD/alpha 4.0 release candidate.  It fails because it
does not recognize the TGA video card and then switches to the serial
port.  As far as I know, the machine has a standard DEC ZLXp video card in
it.  The boot messages from FreeBSD are:

.
.
pci0: unknown card (vendor=0x1011, dev=0x0004) at 13.0 irq 10
.
.

NetBSD/alpha 1.4.1 reports:

.
tga0: at pci0 dev 13 function 0: DC21030 step C, board type T8-02
tga0: 1152 x 900, 8bpp, Bt485 RAMDAC
tga0: interrupting at isa irq 10
.

Is there anyway I can get FreeBSD 4.0 to use/recognize the video card for
at least a text mode ?

Thanks,
Dirk