Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2007 14:08:50 +0200
From:      "Federico Lorenzi" <florenzi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Loading a kernel off a FAT partition

Hi there

I am basically trying to load FreeBSD off a FAT partition. First I start up
GRUB and then in GRUB select to load /loader off the partition. Loader starts
up fine, but here's where the trouble starts. While loader has been loaded
perfectly, It doesnt seem to be able to read the FAT partition, even though
browsing through the source code I see FAT support in loader and libstand.
When i try to load /kernel, it says it can't find it, and attempting an ls
results in " bad path '' ". If i load /loader from a FreeBSD partition with
GRUB, everything works peachy. Upon googling the web for more info, i found
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2005-January/010011.html
however it seems as if no solution was reached.

Any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

Federico