Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:34:39 -0500
From:      Mark Bucciarelli <mark@gaiahost.coop>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as Server

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 08:14:58AM -0600, Eric Anderson wrote:

> Like I mentioned before, it mostly depends on the number of files you
> have on the filesystem (inodes in use).

And the kva_pages kernel setting, right?

As I understand this setting, it defines how much of the 4GB pointer
space you reserve for kernel pointers.

I guess a 64 bit machine would be a safer choice for fscking such large
file systems, especially if a maildir mailstore (lots of tiny files)?

Trying to learn FreeBSD,