Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:45:54 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        dyson@iquest.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Here is what I promised :-)

On Sat, Jun 20, 1998 at 05:23:15PM -0500, John S. Dyson wrote:
> Gang:
>
> This is to follow up on my promise for a more formal goodbye.  I
[SNIP]

> It appears that we have found a direction that will apparently
> bear very sweet fruit, with few bitter seeds.  The technology is
> significantly different from existing kernel structures, and has
> fault tolerant aspects that are almost impossible to imagine in
> a conventional setting.  The design and concept phase is
> progressing rapidly, and an initial structure will likely be
> complete soon.  It should be bootable, but not complete (from
> an API point of view), in the next month or so.

Just curious John, any URLs or even a name you can point us
to at this point?

The project sounds very interesting, challenging, and cutting
edge. I just have to say that as a young upshot learning the
ways of OSes, your creativity and elegant solutions in FreeBSD
have been a great inspiration and source of enjoyment for
me, and I want to say thanks. Now you have a new, exciting project
and I'm sure once again many people will benefit from your work.
Keep up the good work, and have fun! Hopefully we'll learn more
about this new kernel soon.

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark