Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:32:45 -0600
From:      Eric_Stanfield@kenokozie.com
To:        trini0 <trini0@optonline.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Killing process

kill -9 'cat /var/run/whatever.pid' works for me

Eric Stanfield, K2Access
Keno Kozie and Associates
222 N LaSalle #1500
Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 332-3000

                    trini0
                    <trini0@opton        To:     FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
                    line.net>            cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Killing process
                    gsam@optonlin
                    e.net

                    01/04/01
                    03:33 PM

I cant find out where, but Im trying to kill a process by kill -9
/var/run/*.pid, it keeps saying illegal process.  I checked the archives
but found nothing.  What is the correct syntax to define a process by
/var/run/*.pid.
Thanks

--

         |          trini0           |