Date:      Thu, 03 Aug 2000 16:07:48 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        kstewart@urx.com
Subject:   Re: Errors in upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1

So I need to do the following:

make buildworld
make the kernel using buildkernel and installkernel
make installworld

in that order?  I thought I had read the /usr/src/UPDATING but I must have
been "selectively reading" because I missed that huge part that says:

20000706:
         Binutils were updated.  In order to build a kernel after this
         date, you must follow the updating procedure for building
         kernels exactly as presented here.  You may be able to get away
         with doing it the old way, but if it breaks, make sure that you've
         tried the "To build a kernel" section with a fresh /usr/obj
         first.

OK, I'm running "make buildworld" right now.  I've already copied GENERIC
to another file and edited that.  When buildworld is done then I'll rebuild
the kernel in the above manner and then "make installworld".

Does this procedure now look correct?

Oscar