Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 20:20:09 -0400
From:      Camiel Coenen <coenen@m-net.arbornet.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        coenen@dds.nl
Subject:   XFree 3.3.6 and Diamond Stealth S540 III

Hi,

I recently bought some FreeBSD 4.1 release CD-roms in a shop and installed the FreeBSD
system on a partition of my PC.The installation went okay up to the point where I had to
configure XFree86 3.3.6. The result of the XFree86 configuration is that I get my XFree86 to
run (with 800x600 mode 16 bpp and the correct syncs of my monitor), but with with a rather
whacked screen: the screen is split in two, with the right hand side of the screen mirroring
the programs in the left hand side (a double view). I suspect it has to do with setting some
options for my Diamond Stealth S540 III video card (S3 Savage 4 running on a 700Mhz Athlon
machine), but I am not quite sure. Can anybody of you come up with a solution ?

--Camiel Coenen

P.S. I haven't set up the isdn-connection for my FreeBSD machine yet, so I am not able to
send you my Xmessages/XF86Config file.