Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:57:27 +0000
From:      Chris Hodgins <chodgins@cis.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <arcade@ints.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which app to watch movies?

Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:

>>> The skins' tarballs are rerolled quite often. In that case your best
>>> bet is to make distclean and try again. The tarballs will be re-fetched
>>> and the port will build fine.

Just had a good look into this.  A you rightly said it seems that they
are updating the Skins but they are _not_ changing the version numbers.
  So if you have them previously installed, when you go to upgrade the
skins, portupgrade checks to see if they are in distfiles (which they
are as the version never changed remember) and then if it finds them it
checks the md5 sums in distinfo (which do not match as they match the
new version with the same version number).  So the only way to fix this
is to run "make distclean" on the mplayer-skins port.

Just had a look at the portupgrade man page.  Looks like if you use the
-D flag it will check the md5sums and if they fail it will run
distclean.  If you specify it twice it will distclean anything it tries
to update.

HTH
Chris