Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:44:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        Gregory Jones <grjones@firstam.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Config kernel

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Gregory Jones wrote:

> when  "/usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL" , I get "config: line 25: syntax error
> Don't forget to do a "make depend" " What does that mean? I don't have a
> make statement in my kernel.. should I? And if so, what should it be?

This message is telling you two things.
1) You have an error on line 25 of MYKERNEL
2) When you go to build your kernel, you need to do a 'make depend' before
you do a 'make'.  (These two steps compile your new kernel.)

Since you appear to be new at this, you should review
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook, in particular, section 7 (Configuring the
FreeBSD Kernel.)

--
Matt Emmerton