Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:11:51 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccard config files

i have a toshiba laptop with the usual noteworthy  pccard modem.  Here is
the strange part.  It was only by *luck* that i found someone else with the
same laptop who offered me a config file for my kernel.  I also got a
pccard.conf file.  This file included 'config 0x21' rather than '0x20' which
is in the current pccard.conf file for the exact same model of card.

Here is the question, actually 2 of theem:

Is there any reason why this card might have a different setting
from all the rest of the same model?

If i had not found someone with the same card, how could i have discovered
for myself that the config setting needed to be changed?

jm