Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 15:50:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Renaud Waldura <renaud@softway.com>
To:        ricardo@americasnet.com (Ricardo Kleemann)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel not recognizing second IDE drive

Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

> If I try to run fdisk on wd1, it says the device is "not configured"...
> Is my kernel lacking something? Do I need to recompile it with another
> configuration?

You need something like this:

controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive 1

You can get rid of the other controller, wdc1, and a whole bunch of
other devices depending on your hardware configuration.

Take a look at the file /sys/i386/conf/LINT and the FreeBSD Handbook at
www.freebsd.org, chapter "Compiling my own kernel".

--
-- Renaud Waldura -- -- Softway International, Inc -- -- rw@softway.com --
-- 185 Berry Street, Suite 5514 -- -- San Francisco, CA 94107 -- -- USA --