Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 05:26:49 EDT
From:      teamtoo@juno.com (Pamela VanDyke)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP route troubles

>> i just moved to 2.2.7-R, and am now having troubles
>> with PPP routes.
>>
>> i run ppp -auto -alias isp
>>
>> i played around endlessly with
>>
>> delete 0 (ALL)
>> add 0 0 (default) HISADDR
>>
>> and am having trouble with my default route getting deleted.

i would like to post my solution to my problem in the event someone
is having similiar problems.

what works for me now is when a client dials up

ppp.linklup

MYADDR
 delete ALL
 add default HISADDR

but this still give me the ppp.log error "0.0.0.0 already exists".
i thought i could get rid of the error using "add! default HISADDR"
but the default route still ended up deleted.

now that things appear to be working for me, is there any way
to get rid of that ppp.log warning "0.0.0.0 already exists" when a
client dials up via "ppp -auto -alias isp" ???

ps.  i use "delete 0" and "add 0 0 HISADDR" for the isp connection.

thanks for all the hard work brian ;)