Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:57:02 -0500
From:      Andy Knapp <knappster@knappster.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: system wide config for spamassassin

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:36:56 +0000
Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 01:47:57PM +0500, Ilia Chipitsine wrote:
>
> > I couldn't figure out from supplied documentation what is default name
> > for system wide config file of spamassassin ?
>
> Start with:
>
>     /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
>
> but see Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf --- just about anything matching:
>
>     /usr/local/share/spamassassin/*.cf
>     /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
>
> will be read in by spamassassin.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew
>
> --
> Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       26 The Paddocks
>                                                       Savill Way
>                                                       Marlow
> Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Bucks., SL7 1TH UK

In my situation, I use spamd instead of spamassassin to cut down on system resources (we have many users using spamassassin). I found that spamd doesn't read the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file...but when I put the file into /usr/local/share/spamassassin everything gets taken from it. Seems quite odd. Anyone have any ideas?

-Andy