Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:31:40 -0500
From:      "N.J. Thomas" <njt@ayvali.org>
To:        Brad Marsh <budojeepr@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with panic: vm_fault

* Brad Marsh <budojeepr@yahoo.com> [2006-01-12 11:09:29 -0800]:
> OK...in agreement, I've read that memory modules will sometimes work
> in pairs, not individually

Older memory/systems used to only take memory that worked in pairs,
newer ones shouldn't have that problem. In the worst case, it may accept
a single module, but maybe not run as fast as it would with a pair.

But my memory-fu isn't up to date, and perhaps someone could correct me.

> or singly, not in pairs...

This should never be the case. If your memory is acceptable one module
at a time, why wouldn't the system accept two?

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas
njt@ayvali.org