Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:45:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Mike Glover <mglover@globeandmail.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@vexus.ca
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Application Suggestion

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Mike Glover wrote:

> I was wondering who to talk to about the application CD delivered with
> FreeBSD. My compoany has developed a job scheduling
> system which we provide free for Linux. I was asked to talk to someone
> at FreeBSD about putting our aplication on your application
> CD.
>
> The product web page is http://www.vexus.ca/avatar.html

I'm not speaking for the project, however if you make a "port"
of your program for freebsd and a package the FreeBSD project
generally adds it to the distro CDroms and will mirror the
application on ftp.freebsd.org as well as some of the mirrors
that mirror the ports/packages system.

Be aware that your distribution licence should make it pretty
clear that it's ok for the project to distribute your program
in source or binary form.

Here's some urls that may help:

http://www.freebsd.org/ports/
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/porting.html
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ports.html

If you come across any difficulties, or when your "port"
is finished you should mail ports@freebsd.org with a url
to the relevant files.

It's really great about the level of interest ISVs
are taking in FreeBSD lately, I look forward to
trying out your demo.  In fact if you keep us updated
someone may write the port for you.

Just repeating myself for clarity, I don't represent or
work for FreeBSD, your milage may vary.

thanks,
-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|bright@wintelcom.net]
systems administrator and programmer