Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 21:38:42 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        telecom1@erols.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NT vs FreeBSD

On 21 Aug 98, at 1:05, telecom1@erols.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I am having difficulty trying to decide which software
>  to run.
>
>  If you could answer these questions, on NT w/ Website Pro,
>  compared with FREEBsd, I would greatly appreciate it:

I'm new to FreeBSD and have been using NT Workstation for about 4 years.
>From what I've seen of Apache running under FreeBSD, I'd choose it over
NT.  NT, IMHO, has far too much overhead to be a webserver.  FreeBSD is
lean and mean and is better suited, in my humble but newbie opinion.

As for rebooting, I reboot my NT box more often than my FreeBSD box.

I reckon FreeBSD is more secure as a webserver as everyone has the code
[think about it before you reply]. And fixes come out way faster than for
NT.

--
Dan Langille
DVL Software Limited