Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:36:42 -0700
From:      "Harry Reed" <harry@infoscientific.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sound on an AOpen AK72 -- how?

Hi, All
    I have just installed FreeBSD-3.5.1 on an AOpen AK72 motherboard w/
K7-750 CPU and 128meg RAM. The board uses the VIA Apollo KX133 (VT8371 /
VT82C686A) chipset with an Analog Devices AD1881 AC'97 CODEC for onboard
sound.
    Looking at man pages, the FreeBSD Handbook and various FAQs I have found
no reference to the Apollo KX133 chipset nor to the Analog Devices codec.
Does FreeBSD support sound for this motherboard? and if so, how do I
configure/enable it?

Thanks,
Harry Reed
doon@infoscientific.com