Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:51:21 -0500
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        "Michael J. Walsh" <mike@walshm.npt.nuwc.navy.mil>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.ORG>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is my new kernel so big?

>Last question.  When I run config, I get the message
>
>  Don't forget to do a ``make depend''
>
>but there is no mention of this step in Lehey.  What gives?

I've noticed that, too.  I was waiting for someone else to jump in
here since it's been a few weeks since I've done a kernel build.
The config man page says you have to do it, but I think I remember
not doing it and it working anyhow.  In any event you can try leaving
it out and if errors result, go back and include it.

-Mitch