Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:08:26 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: current hardware choices.

>>    The OCPRF100 is sold by TeraSolutions as a model TS-5000. I don't know what
>> kind of a deal we can for you or if the pricing will be better than the big
>> vendors, but we'd be happy to provide a price quote for whatever configuration
>> you specify.
>
>Will FreeBSD actually run on a Profusion board?  Has anyone tried it?

   The OCPRF100 just started shipping from Intel recently and I haven't seen
or tested one myself. All we've done at TeraSolutions so far is assign a TSI
model number to it. Of course we've shipped many SC450NX and AC450NX systems
and they mostly work with FreeBSD except for the onboard SCSI (we ship those
systems with PCI Adaptec SCSI controllers to work around this).
   On the other hand, I'm sure I would have heard something if FreeBSD didn't
work with the OCPRF100 since I talk to people at Intel in the high-end server
division and they do test FreeBSD on their servers.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.