Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 10:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Richard Chessher <chessher@austin.ibm.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD and Windows95

There is a utility to do this on the CD-ROM, which I'm sure you'll hear
about from someone else. However, I have a friend who used a package he
got off the internet called "Partition Magic". He split a large C: drive
into two partitions, and his data was left intact. Note that you do need
to have a fair amount of available space and you do need to defragment the
drive before doing this.

The instructions always say to back up your data first. If this were
possible, you should just fdisk and then reinstall everything from the
backup! It's a standard disclaimer. Few people can backup data first, and
few people do.

KenX