Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:49:21 +0100
From:      Martin Schweizer <lists_freebsd@bluewin.ch>
To:        Jon Falconer <jfalconer@puc.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail, sasl, ldap

--gDGSpKKIBgtShtf+

Hello Jon

I'm in a similar situation as you. I play now a long time with this. You ha=
ve=20
to use cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd (is in ports). After the installation man sasl=
authd=20
will explain more details. saslauthd will check the secrets against other=
=20
backbone services (saslsb2, ldap, etc.).

Am Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 07:53:54PM -0800 Jon Falconer schrieb:
> Greetings,
>=20
> I'm trying to implement authenticated sending of email. But I want sasl to
> authenticate against my LDAP server. The how-to in the FreeBSD handbook is
> good but assumes only local authentication. The cyrus-sasl2 and openldap
> ports give hints that it is possible, but I'm just not quite getting it.
> Are there other how-to sites that others have used successfully? Do I need
> to use PAM or does cyrus-sasl know how to directly query an LDAP server?
> I'm running a fresh FreeBSD 6.0-Release system.

--=20

Regards
Martin=20
<info@pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer GmbH; Bannholzstrasse 6; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch;
public key : http://www.pc-service.ch/pgp/public_key.asc;=20
fingerprint: EC21 CA4D 5C78 BC2D 73B7  10F9 C1AE 1691 D30F D239;

--gDGSpKKIBgtShtf+

--gDGSpKKIBgtShtf+--