Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 06:13:35 -0500
From:      "Rocky Hurley" <kr4pz@cacs.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installation on a Laptop

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install FreeBSD on my laptop, a Toshiba 445CDX, with 16M
ram, 1382MB HD partitioned with 600MB free for BSD at the beginning of the
HD space( Offset at 63). I use the continue with installation and
sysinstall detects all my hardware fine, it lists my PCMCIA modem as ze0
or ze1, goes by too fast to be sure. After selecting everything to
install, we end up at the Select Connection type. PLIP, or SLIP on Com1,
or PPP on Com1.
Only choices I get.

Problem here is, Com1 is *not* where my modem is and cannot link up to the
web to complete the install.

Any and all help or suggestions would be *greatly* appreciated.

TIA,

Rocky Hurley
KR4PZ@cacs.NET