Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:44:24 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for Clik! (PocketZip) drives?

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 12:53:16AM -0800, Gregory Neil Shapiro scribbled:
| keichii> I have no input on the Clik! issue, but am wondering why you
| keichii> cannot use a PCMCIA CF adapter plus an IBM Compact Flash media or
| keichii> CF ata drive.
|
| I use one for my digital camera and have found access times to be slower
| than I would hope.  Granted that was copying large pictures.  I'll
| experiment with it (I have a 32 meg card to play with).

If you imply access times on the camera, their interface is limited
by the USB cable or the camera itself.  Using PCMCIA interface
removes this limit.

The microdrives have 12ms seeks and do DMA mode 3.  13mb/sec thoroughput
seems adequate for me.  Here is the url.

http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/micro/datasheet.htm
http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/micro/

Searching www.outpost.com for "microdrive" produced quite a few results
at reasonable prices.

--
Gave me the idea of a good place to keep PGP keys and SSH keys.