Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2007 01:43:17 +0300
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        <carl@UDel.Edu>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-6.2 and MAPLE-9

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:04:03 -0500 (EST)  wrote:

> Thank you very much for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated!
> I've implemented your suggestions below, and the maple splash comes
> up, and then hangs.  When I run maple in text mode, I still get
> "maple: could not start server", which I believe would explain the
> hanging.  Any thoughts on why the server won't start?  Again, this is
> happening with linux_base-fc4; this text-mode problem does not
> manifest itself if I use an older linux_base.

Did you follow all advices at /usr/ports/UPDATING "20060616: AFFECTS
users of emulation/linux_base-*"? If yes and nothing helped then
please run "ktrace -i <maple_binary>" both with the old linux_base and
the new one, place corresponding ktrace.out files somewhere at
web/ftp/else and give us the link.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)