Date:      Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:30:35 -0400
From:      Pat Wendorf <beholder@unios.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   linux_dri strangeness

I've setup FreeBSD DRI on my 4.6-STABLE box (glxinfo shows the proper
response), and it is working fine for non-root users as well as root
(280+ fps in glxgears).  I've installed the linux_dri package, as well
as the new linux_base (7.x), but the linux version of glxinfo says I'm
using indirect mode.  I tried the debugging trick, and found that it
can't open /dev/dri/card0, yet it opens fine for the FreeBSD dri test
programs.

Is there something I need to configure to allow linux_dri to access the
freebsd dri drivers?

- Pat