Date:      Wed, 10 May 1995 03:30:25 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vt100

On Tue, 9 May 1995, Terry Lambert wrote:

> >     Runs just fine with 50 lines here.  I can't think of anything I
> > use day-to-day that insists on 24 lines...
>
> LSE.  EDT.  TPU.  VAXWorks.  VAX BASIC.  Any software with hard coded
> ideas about what a VT100 is (since a VT100 *by definition* has 24 lines).

    What?  What?  What?  What?  What?  I don't use any of those on a
day-to-day basis.  ;-)  All the stuff Joe Average User encounters
(more, less, pine, elm, tin, trn, nn, vi, pico, joe, emacs, irc, lynx,
etc.) function well enough with VT-100 emulation extended to a taller
screen height.  I think this was all the original poster wanted to
know.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org