Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 20:47:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      Linus Nilsson <d96ln@efd.lth.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   root login message

Good evening from Sweden.

I've just installed fbsd and gotten my network
card working (thanks to the people here) but now
I have some other problems. Everytime that i log
in as root I get:

login_getclass: unknown class 'root' on ttyv0
(before typing password)

...and also a warning that imported path contains
relative components

Are either of these things
something I should worry about?

Then there is another thing...
I'm trying to get XFree86 to work with my hardware.
I have a Matrox Mystique card and a Samsung 700b
wich shold be able to show 1280x1024 in 60 Hz.
(does so in win95 at least...). I noticed that
Mystique drivers weren't availible til XFree86v3.3.1
was released and so I tried to download v3.3.1 and
install it. I got all the files home but when running
the preinst.sh i get messages like : file not found
and preinst.sh : 60 , expected in.

Can you guys help me, please?

       .-``'.                  Linus Nilsson
__.-'     '.__.Z\...____ _  _  d96ln@efd.lth.se