Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 11:25:51 +0100
From:      Rob O'Donnell <robert@aphnet.co.uk>
To:        Mark-Nathaniel Weisman <mark@outlander.us>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NATD on 4.5

rc.conf is read sequentially at boot, and isn't really parameters as such,
so each natd_flags you define replaces the previous ones - only the last
redirect in your example would work.

you can either put all your redirects into one line, or, preferably, use
the -f or -config flag to specify a file with them all in.  man natd for
the format.

Rob.

At 22:22 23/05/2002 -0800, Mark-Nathaniel Weisman wrote:
>on 5/23/02 9:31 PM, Lubomir Radev at lubomirr@sympatico.ca wrote:
>
>Hello List;
> I've got natd and ipfw setup on my 4.5 freeBSD box. I'm using the box as my
>router/firewall from the public net to a web server on a class C network for
>some protection. I've recompiled the kernel, and got everything working
>except for one minor inconvenence; I can only route one port to an internal
>box in rc.conf? The one port routing works, unless I (un-rem out) the lines
>for the other ports:
>
>natd_flags="-redirect_port tcp 192.168.100.2:80 80"
>
>These lines are commented out;
>natd_flags="-redirect_port tcp 192.168.100.2:443 443"
>natd_flags="-redirect_port tcp 192.168.100.2:21 21"
>
>If I un-comment either of the lines directly above, then nothing works. Can
>anyone help?
>

>--
>His Servant,
>Mark-Nathaniel Weisman