Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:15:52 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        krion@freebsd.org, Dave Stegner <dstegner@earthlink.net>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: exim-4.69_2

On Monday 15 December 2008 21:44:14 Dave Stegner wrote:
> Am working with Exim, started a few months ago.  I have 4.69 port.
>
> This evening I wanted to see if there was a newer version available.
>
> Still at 4.69, but changes say Makefile was updated 3 days ago to 1.240.
>
> I downloaded from webpage and examined files, specifically Makefile.
> It is still the old version, 1.237.
>
> I searched ftp site for exim-4.69_2, but could only find exim-4.69_1.
>

> Where have I gone wrong or how am I reading the info given wrong or is
> something else wrong???

The new version is in the ports tree. Read the handbook on updating and use
portsnap, portupgrade, or one of the other port utilities to update your tree,
then build it yourself. If you're using binaries, you may have to wait a
couple of weeks for the new package to show up in ftp. Packages are built on a
continuing basis, but lag the tree by weeks sometimes.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://people.freebsd.org/~beech
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Skype: akbeech
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html