Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 09:07:44 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh-1.2.10; ok to run?

> Hmm, so does that mean the next 'official' CD out of Walnut creek will
> contain the old 2.1 packages and none of the new packages?  I ask that
> because finding out which work and which don't under 2.1.1 is going to
> be a *LOT* of work (more work than you want?), so it'll be easier to
> ship the old and crufty ports than to fix all the new ones.

Well, not quite.

I'm working right now (in case anyone had any doubts after seeing the
sysinstall commits :-) on the 2.2-960321-SNAP CDROM, and my first test
installations have been fairly promising, modulo the already-reported
problems with tzsetup.  I also grabbed the packages-current directory
off of ftp.cdrom.com yesterday and burned it onto a CD so that I have
it handy - I'm basically going to put everything you saw on the last
CD snapshot (the one I had on freefall for awhile) on there plus the
packages plus perhaps a few other last minute goodies.  Then we're
going to do a run of about 900 of them and make them available to
developers in the next 2 weeks or so (assuming that we can get a fast
turn from the production plant).

Oh yeah, as usual the core team and major contributors will get
freebies, though I have to say that I can't be quite so generous with
this batch due to the very small run and lower profit margin, so
please (not you Nate, but -hackers and -ports in general) don't deluge
me with requests if all you have is a port or 10 line bug fix in
there.  I can afford to be generous with major releases because
they're produced in about 10 times the quantity and have a much longer
shelf-life.  Hope everyone understands.

These will be going for $24.95 for one-time purchase and $19.95 for
subscription (plus the usual $5 S&H).  This now ends my commercial
announcement.. ;-)

					Jordan