Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:24:31 +1000 (EST)
From:      guardian@dark-rune.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using USB PCI cards

Some advice/information about this USB PCI card would
be greatly appreciated.

I have a pentium 166 with FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE on it.
I have a 56K USB modem and I would like to use it
in the box.

The box does not have USB onboard, but I do have a
PCI USB card.

The USB card is a "Skymaster PCI to USB card".
It has these values; on the box: P/N 064-030007
and on the instructions:
"Uses CMD670B PCI to USB Controller Chip"
"Complies with OpenHCI specification rev 1.0"
"Fully complient to USB specification rev 1.1"
"Fully complient to PCI local bus specification ver 2.2)
etc.

My questions are:
1: Can I use this card to add the 2 USB ports to my box?
1a: And if so, exactly how?

2: If I can't use this card.. how would I add USB ports
to a P166?

A note: Yes, I have RTFM and tried to install this
myself. However, due to my lack of understanding
I have no not been successful, yet.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff