Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:18:46 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   scp/sftp without encrypting data

Hi,

Is there an option to tell scp/sftp to *not* encrypt the data part
of the connection? I'd like to be able to give people download access
to non-sensitive information - and the speeds they are getting are
not really high, because the processor is loaded very much.

I've looked into using 'Cipher none' but it appears that the server
isn't compiled to accept this and furthermore it seems that this
also disables encryption for login - which puts me back to using
'normal' ftp.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

--Stijn

--
The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body.  This
means that only left handed people are in their right mind.