Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:27:51 -0400
From:      Joel Dinel <dinjo@touchtunes.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_delete error message

When removing a port today (portupgrade), I ran into this :

pkg_delete: couldn't open dependency file
`/var/db/pkg/ruby-1.6.4/+REQUIRED_BY'

I get a similar error message when removing/upgrading a lot of ports as
well, but nothing's broken. This appeared about a month ago, and I can't
see what could've caused this. When checking in /var/db/pkg, there's
effectively no 'ruby-1.6.4' folder.

How can I 'fix' this?

--
Joel Dinel
TouchTunes Digital Jukebox, Inc.

Everything is controlled by a small evil group to which, unfortunately,
no one we know belongs.