Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:52:16 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        kyanh <xkyanh@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sound configuration for pidgin

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 08:56:17 +0700, kyanh <xkyanh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Second, the sound files you are using might simply be a bit low on
>> the volume side.  You may want to load them into something like
>> audacity to increase their loudness.
>
> The problem is that I use Pidgin's default sound files. I cannot
> locate those files (pkg_info -L pidgin).

IIRC, pidgin uses the sound files from libpurple:

  $ pkg_info -L libpurple-2\* | fgrep /sounds/
  /usr/local/share/sounds/purple/alert.wav
  /usr/local/share/sounds/purple/login.wav
  /usr/local/share/sounds/purple/logout.wav
  /usr/local/share/sounds/purple/receive.wav
  /usr/local/share/sounds/purple/send.wav
  $