Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:58:58 +0100
From:      FreeBsdBeni <freebsdbeni@spymac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE k3b on FreeBSD 5.3 - Annoying bug - ideas?

--nextPart1697268.nXIP8Mddt3

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 06:02, - wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm experiencing a rather annoying bug with k3b 0.11.17_1.
>
> I run k3b as root, and whenever I start it, k3b says:
>
> Unable to find growisofs executable
> K3b uses growisofs to actually write dvds. Without growisofs you won't
> be able to write dvds. Make sure to install at least version 5.10.
> Solution: Install the dvd+rw-tools package.
>

> Well...
> dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8 DVD burning software
>
> Is installed, and..
>
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  - 86348 Dec 29 04:41 /usr/local/bin/growisofs*
>
> growisofs is there... I copied it to /usr/bin , /usr/sbin,
> /usr/local/sbin, /sbin, /bin in a last attempt to unblind k3b. Didn't wor=
k.

> I've uninstalled k3b, uninstalled dvd+rw, reinstalled them. nothing.
> This doesn't happen if I run k3b as a regular user, but then it doesn't
> even find the dvd recorder (without changing loads of stuff that is,
> precisely why I run k3b as root via sudo)

I'm running 0.11.17 and growisofs 5.21. I get the same popup when starting =
k3b=20
as a user but _not_ when I'm starting k3b with kdesu. Then it finds the=20
drives and all the other progs, including growisofs. But the man page of=20
growisofs says in the Notes that executed under sudo, growisofs refuses to=
=20
start. That being probably the reason why k3b doesn't "find" it...

Hope this helps,
Beni.