Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:35:06 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Tatsu <tatsu@panda.bg.univ.gda.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

* Tatsu <tatsu@panda.bg.univ.gda.pl> [000225 04:29] wrote:
> Hi
> I'm from Poland and i want to have FreeBSD on my computer...
> I'm using Win98 right now and i have to use it still since the rest of
> my family want to use it :(
> I want to have Win98 & FreeBSD on the same partition and to have it
> lunched by somthing like Lilo...
> Can i do somethin like that or there is a problem with it ?

There shouldn't be a problem, you just have to allocate a primary
partition for FreeBSD (*1) then during the install allow it to install
'booteasy' which should allow you to pick between booting 2 partitions.

Don't forget to read the handbook because you need to make sure you
go by the restriction that the FreeBSD partition be before the 1024th
cyl.

(*1) you can get a tool to resize partitions from the 'tools' directory
     called fips at ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools

enjoy and good luck,
-Alfred