Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:55:17 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Jeff Shevlen <jeff@passedpawn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: DNS question]

On 2002-03-12 12:00, Jeff Shevlen wrote:

> Does Freebsd have an equivalent to /etc/nsswitch.conf?  Or is just not
> part of the OS?  I'm trying to get dns setup and nslookup isn't working
> for me either.

It's there .. at least for 5.0-CURRENT.  I think STABLE doesn't have
nsswitch.conf backported, but I haven't checked a 4.x system for a while
and I could be wrong:

	hades:~$ ls -l /etc/nsswitch.conf
	-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  - 17 Dec  6 19:08 /etc/nsswitch.conf

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/