Date:      26 Mar 1999 11:14:23 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd@netsys.hn (FreeBSD Questions), freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Use of ASCEND Freeware RADIUS server

freebsd@netsys.hn (FreeBSD Questions) writes:

> > Does someone know how to launch it automatically via an initialization
> script
> > or another mechanism at system boot ?
>
> Sure, create the /etc/rc.local file and put this in:
>
> if [ -f /etc/defaults/rc.conf ]; then
>         . /etc/defaults/rc.conf
> fi
> /usr/local/sbin/radiusd

Actually, just put in the last line.  /etc/defaults/rc.conf already
loads /etc/rc.conf.local, if it exists.  I'm not sure offhand if this
has always been the case (in the short life of /etc/defaults), but it
is the case in both -STABLE and -CURRENT at the moment.  You don't
want to create infinite loops in your startup scripts.

Be well.
        Lowell