Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:01:29 -0400
From:      Jonathan <poisondart@optonline.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Major FreeBSD Problem plz help

Hello, I messed something up in my FreeBSD-5.2.1 box. I ran sysinstall
in root and installed compat4 and some other compatibility base dir
thing and it extracted over / i think and now the box wont recognize my
logins. I am locked out of my own box. Is there a way to reset what I
did so i wont lose any data. My server is colocated at a datacenter and
the techs would have to do it. Could you guys possibly explain what
needs to be done so i wont lose any data and reset what i did. Any help
would be greatly appreciated
PoisonDart@optonline.net

Regards,
Jonathan