Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 14:28:59 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        gclarkii@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: Two monitors (VGA and mono)

Gary Clark II writes:

> Anyone know how to have both a monochrome card and a VGA card in the
> same system?  I have a small (7") mono monitor that I would like to use for
> my text display so I don't have to worry about the SUN monitor blowing on me.

I don't know about that particular combination, but XAccel can handle
multiple monitors if you steer clear of the pitfalls.  I'm currently
running an old version with a Diamond SpeedStar (ET4000) and an ATI
Graphics Ultra Pro (Mach 32) (I'm waiting for Matrox Milleniums to
become available again before I upgrade--anybody know a source?).  In
text mode, I only use the ET4000.  This would work with your Sun
monitor as well.

Greg