Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:21:29 -0700
From:      Chameleon <swen@wavefire.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MASCOT

At 08:23 AM 8/12/99 +0000, you wrote:

>My 2 cents about this.

>Just to give more arguments to those who think we are "devil compatible".

>Go to this site:

>	http://www.trevi.com

>there go to MENU->PHOTO GALLERY on the frame on the rigth take a look on

>pictures: gloria003.jpg , gloria010.jpg .

>You could see some stickers of our mascot also (there are some more

>pictures on the site where the sticker is used also, I just wanted to give

>you these one as a reference) and by the way, according to some "good"

>people that girl also has relations with the devil, that's why she had

>those pictures with the bad guy on her body...enjoy . Oh!, one last thing,

>I didn't check what OS that site is using... ;)

Haven't said anything yet on this fairly inconsequencial discussion, but i for one think that the mascot is perfect. I for one don't want a fluffy POS mascot, if i did, i'd be running Linux.

I'm sure this will propogate more posts, but i can't really see why this has gone on for so long.

If people want to have materials without the mascot, get a bottle of white-out.

The mascot doesn't scare people away from FreeBSD, ignorance scares people away, Plain & Simple.

The whole purpose behind FreeBSD was to create an operating system that was better than the rest and to be able to harness a wide knowledge base to better the operating system.

WHY ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT A MASCOT?

Tha daemon has nothing to do about whether or not people are gonna use our operating system, and if it does, there would probably be a reason why they didn't use it if we didn't have a daemon as a mascot.

Nowadays, people find all sorts of things to argue about, why don't we stop arguing about the mascot and use that energy to benefit FreeBSD rather than divide it.

Why are we bickering like a bunch of Microsoft Programmers?

Lets just drop it

Swen Kabis

<bold>~