Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:19:18 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SmartMedia reader for -stable?

Hearing that the SanDisk CF reader works on the umass driver, I
figured I should see about finding something similar for the
SmartMedia cards my camera uses. SanDisk makes a USB smartmedia
ImageMate, but doesn't appear to work. From looking through the umass
driver, it seems that CBI with CCI doesn't work, nor does the ATAPI
command set. Does anyone know if one of these are what's causing the
problem? Is there a SmartMedia reader that works with umass?

I've also got a FlashPath adaptor (came with the camera), but that
looks an even less likely prospect.

Any other options I should consider?

	Thanx,
	<mike