Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:23:55 -0453
From:      "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions !!!!" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD & Docker

I noticed a reference to something called docker in "pkg rquery -a
'%n-%v' > LIST.available.txt" output:

[wam@kabini1, ~, 4:06:52pm] 309 % grep ocker /etc/LIST.available.txt
bruteforceblocker-1.2.3_1
cmockery2-1.3.8
deforaos-locker-0.2.1_1
docker-1.5_8
gtk-knocker-0.6.6_5
knocker-0.7.1
p5-IPC-Locker-1.492_1
p5-Test-TinyMocker-0.05_1
[wam@kabini1, ~, 4:07:02pm] 310 % find /usr/ports/ -name docker
[wam@kabini1, ~, 4:09:14pm] 311 % find /usr/ports/ -name \*docker\*
/usr/ports/sysutils/docker-freebsd
/usr/ports/sysutils/docker-freebsd/files/docker.in
/usr/ports/x11/docker-tray
[wam@kabini1, ~, 4:09:56pm] 312 % lf /usr/ports/sysutils/docker-freebsd
Makefile     distinfo     files/       pkg-descr    pkg-message
[wam@kabini1, ~, 4:10:08pm] 313 % cat
/usr/ports/sysutils/docker-freebsd/pkg-descr
Docker is an open source project to pack, ship and run any
application as a lightweight container.

Docker containers are both hardware-agnostic and platform-agnostic.
This means they can run anywhere, from your laptop to the largest
EC2 compute instance and everything in between - and they don't
require you to use a particular language, framework or packaging
system. That makes them great building blocks for deploying and
scaling web apps, databases, and backend services without depending
on a particular stack or provider.

WWW: https://github.com/kvasdopil/docker
[wam@kabini1, ~, 4:10:16pm] 314 %

I notice a port for the docker I was looking for, but (apparently) no
associated pkg. I thought ports pretty much got compiled into pkg's
automatically. Did I just catch things at just the wrong moment (i.e.
port created, but not yet compiled into pkg) ? No biggie, but I (think
I) like the 'sorta virtualization' that Docker provides & have been
wanting to try it out. TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                            -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.