Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:30:13 +1000 (EST)
From:      Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@citec.qld.gov.au>
To:        "Bill A. K." <billak@fox56.tv>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mail queue

Hi,

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Bill A. K. wrote:

> Hi,
>      I have a server running FreeBSD 4.2, apache, sendmail and other
> miscellaneous stuff.
>      In my daily report sent to root, it's telling me that I have a message
> in the queue. This is a message that I recognize, and I was waiting for. I
> was wondering if anyone can tell me how do I get it out of the queue and
> into the mailbox it was sent to. I know this is probably a simple question,
> but this is my first experience running sendmail or any UNIX mail system in
> an operating environment. I am however familiar with UNIX itself and have
> much experience in it, especially FreeBSD.

If sendmail is running as a daemon, it'll process the queue during its
normal course of operations. If you really need to process the queue, you
can

	sendmail -q

If you want you can process individual messages by message-id, by

	sendmail -qI<message-id>

where <message-id> is what's shown when you do "mailq". You can also
process mail by recipient, eg

	sendmail -qR<domain>

where domain is some part of the email address of messages you want
processed from the queue.

You could as a last resort, try "man sendmail".

Colin