Date:      Sat, 30 May 2009 11:41:49 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB (internally fixed) card reader questions

--------------enig4657EC0B695E8DAE520A782E

Hans Petter Selasky schrieb am 30.05.2009 11:40 (localtime):
> On Saturday 30 May 2009, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
=2E..

> Have you tried:
>=20
> camcontrol rescan all

Yes, but also couldn't write to da0.

> Maybe you need to add a quirk to umass.c:

If I boot with a card inserted I can use it (not woth hal, but manually=20
mounting)! I think the quirks are only needed if the card reader doesn't =

work, right?
Also usbconfig reset works if I insert the card after booting.
But I don't know how the things *should* work by intention. I don't=20
think usbconfig reset was planned to be used.
Should pluging in a USB work together with hal, or is it work in progress=
?

Thanks,

-Harry

> sys/dev/usb/storage/umass.c
>=20
> Example:
>=20
>         { vendor_id_here, product_id_here, RID_WILDCARD,
>                 UMASS_PROTO_DEFAULT,
>                 NO_TEST_UNIT_READY
>         },
>=20
> See also previous posts from Luigi Rizzo about modding the umass.ko dir=
ectly.